Your financial security is important to us. While your debit and credit cards are protected by VISA’s ZERO liability for unauthorized charges, taking steps to protect yourself from potential fraud is easy and will be worth it in the long run.
Prevention Options and Tips:
We’ve partnered with one of the nation’s most trusted names in identity theft protection solutions. With this program comes the most comprehensive Fully Managed Identity Theft Recovery Services solution available today. If you suspect identity theft for ANY reason, you will be assigned a professional Identity Recovery Advocate who will work on your behalf to recover your good name — no matter how long it takes. Click Here to learn more about this option.
Check our financial articles and tips pages for recent fraud and scam alerts. Learn More.
Protecting Your Identity
When it comes to keeping your personal and financial information safe, it’s important to be proactive. Follow these tips to help protect yourself from fraud and identity theft.
- If you are uncomfortable with a phone call that was not initiated by you, hang up or ask for the purpose of the call. Then contact the company using legitimate sources such as a contact phone number found on the company’s website, your account statement, and those listed on your ATM, debit or credit card.
- If you have access to Pinnacle’s free online banking and mobile app to monitor your account. You can reduce paper statements by signing up for bill pay and eStatements.
- Keep your Social Security card and passport in a safe place. Do not carry them with you unless absolutely necessary.
- Limit the amount of identifying information, including credit cards, you carry.
- Shred all financial information, such as unsolicited convenience checks, applications and bank statements.
- Do not give out information by phone, unless you initiated the call or know the person.
- Pay attention to billing cycles and follow up if bills don’t arrive on time.
- Report lost or stolen debit or credit cards to Pinnacle FCU immediately. We will block the card so no purchases will be authorized.
- Lost/Stolen Pinnacle Visa® Consumer Credit Card: (800) 558-3424
- Lost/Stolen Pinnacle VISA® Business Credit Card: (800) 552.8855
- Lost/Stolen Pinnacle Debit or ATM Card: (800) 528-2273
- Lost/Stolen Debit or ATM Card outside the U.S. call collect: (812) 647-9794
- Closely guard your ATM Personal Identification Number (PIN) and ATM receipts.